Monday, January 18, 2010

My weekend..

After class on Saturday, I drove to Fredericksburg to see Brian. We were suppose to discuss details about Sound&Fury and look at tickets but we got sidetracked. I was also get my oil changed when I got there, but I didn't.
His friends Amanda, Jen, and Justin joined us on a mini trip to DC to see War Hungry & Cold World. We got mad lost a bunch of times but the drive was fun.

We got to the church late and missed Mob Mentality. I wanted to see them. Instead we got there in time for GIVE. I wasn't into them. You should check them out though.
Mother of Mercy fucking canceled. This is like the 3rd time they've canceled a show that I was attending. It's getting old. I'm being selfish and saying this because I'm sure they had a valid reason.. Maybe not. Letting me down (HAH).
War Hungry played next. It's always a pleasure seeing War Hungry. They sounded exceptionally good Saturday night. I picked up a tape of the 2 songs they put on the War Hungry/Bad Seed spilt that never came out? I don't know. Either way, picked up a tape, thanks to $1 from Brian and $1 from Tony.

Then Coke Bust played. I remember seeing them in '06 at The Champ with Bracewar I think. I got my glasses smashed in my face that night along with my first blackeye. They are good. They play good music and it's fun to watch but I don't listen to them. If you like fast 80s hardcore/punk, you should listen to them.
*~Oh I need to take a minute and talk about the Dora the Explorer/Diego party that was going on in the basement of this church during the show. Well, I don't have much to say about it except I really wanted to go and hang out with them. There were two people in Diego&Dora costumes. It looked like a damn fun party. Tons of beer/tequila was being wheeled in (so I was told). Hhahah ~*
Cold World headlined. They played with all their actual members! I've seen Cold World a lot. It never gets old. Seeing them play is always a fun time and none of their songs are boring/repetitive (to me).
DC has a weird scene. I like it but their mosh is weird and there were a lot of punk kids there. Not that I really give a shit about either. Just an observation.
Oh! I also saw my new friend Jordan. He is a very nice guy. I like talking to him.

After the show, my friend Tony and I talked for a bit outside. I need to make him a mix of current hardcore. He acts like he's too good to listen to current bands. We're changing that. He said he likes Give. He also likes the Baltimore Ravens, so I don't know how valid his opinion is on anything really. Hahahah!

After the boys helped load shit away, we headed home. The drive home was interesting. Brian, Justin, and I talked a lot about current hardcore bands, the hype that surrounds Trapped Under Ice and previously Cold World.

I spent the night at Brian's because his mother is so stinkin' sweet. She was awake waiting for us and offered to make me food at 2:30am! He and I sat in the basement for about an hour while he religiously searched Ebay.
Finally went to bed. My phone was dead the whole night and majority of Sunday, by the way. I woke up to Brian being real cute. That's all.
His mom just rules. She got me a poptart and some orange juice and helped me search for a place to get my oil changed.
Brian and I went to Walmart to get my oil changed and saw a pretty awesome seahorse tattoo... I had to head home. We said our goodbyes.

The weather was freaking terrible. Extremely rainy and foggy. I stopped at Ashley's to see her. We bullshitted for awhile. Talked about boys, food, and shit on people we don't like, PER UGE! Act like you know. We went to a tex mex place for nachos. We always have fun. I spent the night there. We were suppose to wake up early and go take photos but we stayed up really late. She went to work at noon and I started my drive home.

It was such a beautiful day today. I drove down rt 13 blaring 108, Foundation, The Rival Mob, The First Step and New Lows. I spent today trying to put my room together. My efforts were defeated because of all my brother's stuff still here.


This is much longer than I expected. Tomorrow will be spent on homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment