Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dead&Dreaming

DEAD & DREAMING
You can download their entire 2010 Winter Demo here Spread the word, tell your friends.


Here is the review I wrote for my friend's zine, BREAKING POINT ZINE.

Dead&Dreaming DEMO 2010
New Northern Virginia hardcore band, Dead&Dreaming just finished recording their first demo. 5 piece band featuring young hardcore kids, coming up listening to bands like Bad Seed and Trapped Under Ice. This certainly is not a diss because I love both of those bands.
I first heard this with the band in the car on the road to see War Hungry in DC. I liked it just okay then. It wasn't mastered and the vocals sounded a little off with the music. Now that it's been mastered, it sounds really awesome.
My favorite track is "Never Shall I." The opening guitar on this track really drew me into the song. Throughout the song holds my interest. Everything comes together very well.The vocals come in drawn out but intense, drums are on point, and bass line is slightly hidden behind the heavy guitar but its great. "Won't repeat that burning state..I'M SETTING MYSELF FREEEEE!!"
This is my favorite demo of 2010. I know it's kind early to say but I think Dead&Dreaming, if they play shows and tour, will get a lot of love from the hardcore scene. Hopefully, they will start doing shows and be able to get shit together
You need to check out Dead&Dreaming. They have their 2010 Winter demo up for download on their myspace.http://www.myspace.com/deaddreaming
Download the demo, mosh in your room, and cross your fingers they play a show in eventually.

Go buy a zine from Davis BREAKING POINT ZINE

No comments:

Post a Comment