Thursday, January 7, 2010

Blacklisted



So, I've been dreading this update. New BLACKLISTED "No One Deserves to Be Here More Than Me."

I love this record. It's catching a lot of heat but fuck it. "It's not a hardcore record." Despite whatever is being said, it's an amazing record. Musically, nothing can top "..Beat Goes On," lyrically, ON POINT. Depression, anxiety ridden songs, with the usual "I'm going crazy" mentality George writes about. I said, I fucking love this record. It's different. They have been changing their sound since "Peace On Earth...." Get into it.
I don't know who it sounds like. I don't know what band to relate it too. Fucking Nirvana, I guess. It's grungy/rock/hardcore influenced.
My favorite tracks: "No One Deserves To Be Here More Than Me" & "I am Extraordinary"


Personally, I am proud of them for writing a record they wanted to write, without giving way to rumors and bullshit people talk. Good for them for doing what they want, not what their fans want. It's raw, emotional, honest. This was THE MOST HYPED record of 2009. I believe it's lived up to the hype. It is in my top 5 records of 2009.

Fuck you if you don't like it because it's not your typical hardcore record. Get out of your box, squares. (DOUBLE NEGATIVE)

You can buy "No One Deserves To Be Here More Than Me," exclusively at DEATHWISH INC.

Support Blacklisted. Buy their new record from Deathwish, buy their new 7" from Six Feet Under(I don't know much about this 7" yet. Few songs from LP with a new version of The P.I.G. I haven't gotten it yet, so we'll see). See them on their UPCOMING TOUR.




Bang your fucking head.

No comments:

Post a Comment