Sunday, March 13, 2011

Updates from March Madness..

As I'm sitting here enjoying the new Another Mistake tracks on repeat(trying to learn all the words, I mean c'mon, we all do it), I realized I haven't updated this in a bit.
First, I will talk about March.
Then Another Mistake, Written Off, and Damaged Goods because they are my dudes and I love them to death.

Basketball in March brings on a term "March Madness," but hardcore this month is madness. There are so many shows, 2 fests(technically UB is in April but we start for the trip in March.. maybe we should call it Spring Madness..?), and life is just a bit chaotic. Work hasn't even confirmed my request off for United Blood yet..Though I have my tickets, hotel booked, plans made. I don't even want to be around me if my request is denied (THAT I REQUESTED FOR IN JANUARY).

Yesterday was MY FRIENDS THE PIT FEST II. If you live in the Midwest and didn't go, why? That's just goofy. The fest was great fun. Seeing my friends from Chicago, Indy, KC, West VA, and my good ol' Louisville friends was such a highlight. Not to mention every band (ok, not every band) played great sets. No Class and Thought Crusade played! I haven't seen them but I love their records. Their sets were everything I was expecting and a little more. My new pants ripped in the No Class pit when I was taken down by some dudes and stepped on. It's okay because I was drunk and didn't feel it then, today is a different story, ouch! I missed Picked Clean and Urban Blight. I picked up an Urban Blight tape. They need to tour through here again soon. I'll see Picked Clean on the 18th of March with No Class.
Kicked In was sweet enough to ask Written Off to play 2 songs and even cut their set short for them! Sorry Excuse, Noose, Razor Fade, Misled Youth, Forcible Discipline, Wolfsblood, Skrapyard, Dark Ages, and more I'm probably forgetting because I'm an asshole, made the night a blast.
Another Mistake got a great reaction. I love seeing people I don't know go off for them.

This is already too wordy. Buying a new camera seems like a good idea.
Alright, cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment