Saturday, September 25, 2010

I told you long ago, now you're..forever fucked.


Depression.. Is there a band I miss more? I think not. Their self titled EP is one of my favorites, ever. Heavy, mean, angry hardcore. I saw them in Richmond at Alley Katz in 2005 with Iron Boots, and Bracewar. Being the one of 3 people who knew the words, I felt sort of awkward at first but when they played "Ghost of Cabbagetown" I let my inhibitions fade away. Their set was great. Depression was scheduled to play Richmond again a few months later but they canceled last minute, then broke up.
Truth be told, I once blocked my number and left a 5 minute voicemail on the singer's phone asking him to do a reunion. Somehow he got my number and called me back and said "Never gonna happen." That's a big bummer. One of their guitar players always told me he would be down for a reunion though. Maybe I can just do vocals, hahahahaha.



If you've never heard Depression and want to listen check our their Myspace. I would upload their s/t but the internet connection here is shit. I will probably end up doing it and it will take 4 hours. We'll see, either way, listen, mosh in your room/car, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment