Monday, May 24, 2010

First road trip of the summer: St Louis


Saturday May 22nd Josh, Ethan, Jim, and I embarked on a 4 1/2 drive to St Louis to see Foundation and Backtrack play at the Fubar. The drive there was a lot of fun and seem to pass by quickly. We stopped for a nature walk and some hot dogs ..and a lot of potty breaks because I pee a lot.






The show was decent. St Louis is a little weird. Apparently most everyone there was from out of town. Some guy got jumped by a handful of guys...always a good vibe for a first time visit. A handful of people from St Louis talk to me on the internet but didn't say hi but came home and told me they saw me. I hate that. hahaha
I got to see Jimmie, Blake, Kirby, Kyle, and met this guy Drew from Twitter. I also met two cool girls that are moving to Louisville soon! I'm excited. Louisville lacks hardcore girls besides like me, Alex, and Shella.

One band covered No Warning's "Short Fuse." It was fun.
I gave all the opening bands a chance.. None of them sparked my interest.
Backtrack was awesome. Foundation played a short set because of the29549 other bands that were put on the show. 7 bands is way too many!! I enjoyed both sets a lot. Like half the room left after Harms Way, which is a dang shame.


Drive home was nice. Jim and I had some real talk with silly comments from Jtec in the back. We got home around 6:30am and slept until 4pm.
Great trip. I can't wait for the next one! Which is probably...Floorpunch in Philly next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment