Sunday, October 18, 2009

October 17th, Richmond Hardcore

Can you believe I was suppose to get married today? Wow, what a weird life that would have been. All I have to say is that I'm really glad I'm single.
Okay, on to what matters: Hardcore

Last night


Dead End Path It was only their 3rd show and they represented Wilkes Barre hardcore really well. They had limited tapes and shirts. Neither of which I got because I couldn't get to the merch tables. Hopefully, they will send me some. You can still download their demo FOR FREE online, right here. Don't sleep on this band. They should be coming back to Richmond in December!

Naysayer had a surprise set because War Hungry was late. Always a pleasure seeing Naysayer. They played like 4 songs. Crowd looked confused because they introduced themselves as War Hungry. They have a 7" out on Reaper. Richmond hardcore is on top.

Bracewar played a good set. I can't remember a bad time I've seen Bracewar though. I think their hype sort of died (not in these parts) but the songs from their new 7" are good. I don't know what the deal is with buying it. I think they said you could pick it up at the show. I thought I saw it at Vinyl Conflict I don't know. I'll see what I can find out about it post something more solid.

Cold World played before Floorpunch. I don't remember the last time I saw Cold World. It hasn't been that long or has it? Either way, I really like their newer stuff, and like Bracewar, they have progressed into a more mature sounding band. It blows my mind that people don't like their stuff after Ice Grills. I think if they heard Dedicated to Babies..first they wouldn't hype on Ice Grillz as much. I don't know if Cold World is still a hype band. I don't think their shirts go for as much nowadays but kids still go nuts and that's all that ever matters.

Floorpunch was good. This was my first time seeing them. They've done a hand full of "reunion" shows for whatever reason. I like Floorpunch. I liked them more when I was straightedge. If would have saw them in 2004/5 I would have been much more stoked. I use to listen to them daily but obviously that faded out. It was still awesome hearing "Washed Up at 18." I remember when I use to get so bummed when my friends sold out. I would listen to Floorpunch, Ten Yard Fight, and Champion.

Overall, great show! I met some new people, saw some faces I haven't seen in awhile, and saw some, dare I say, friends?

Oh, since we all know a lady bitch gotta eat I ate a decent "TAMAL" @ La Bamba (I need to clarify that this La Bamba is NO WHERE as good as La Bamba "Burritos as Big as Your Head" in Louisville).

Book DEAD END PATH in your city, by the way. They want to tour and play as many shows as possible. Email Myspace
mosh.

No comments:

Post a Comment