Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Great Depression


If you know me, you know that I use to live in Louisville, KY. Lou is about an hr from Cincinnati, OH. I went there for shows once a month or so, depending on who played. Well, two years ago, The Great Depression played a show in Covington, KY which is basically Cincinnati, OH. My ex boyfriend and I went. This was probably the best show I've been to in the Covington/Cincinnati area. They were so fucked up that one of them fell asleep playing. The downside of this show was so many fools talking during their set. They are an acoustic, two piece, so every chord counts, and when you can't hear it because of the fools talking, that's super annoying.
The Great Depression isn't together anymore but they are one of the most honest bands I've seen. Songs about love, depression, heartache, drug abuse, etc.. A recent shuffle had them catch my attention again. It seems like every fall/winter since that show I will repeatedly listen to The Great Depression. I feel like everyone should listen to them, regardless of them not being a band, download their album. I uploaded for you.
THE GREAT DEPRESSION
THE GREAT DEPRESSION
THE GREAT DEPRESSION

No comments:

Post a Comment