Sunday, June 28, 2009

Financial Aid

The Financial Aid process is ridiculous. They make it almost impossible to access things on their website. I understand that it is important to have all the correct tax information but when you tell me to "eletronically sign my name with pin" and I try to do this and you tell me my information isn't valid though I've redone it 4 times now, it just gets tiresome. I think the governments goal is to make this process so lengthy and time consuming (FRUSTRATING) that you give up and they don't have to give you any money for school.

College should be free, well, at least the first two years. Basic courses like math, sciences, english lit, and history should be free. You shouldn't have to pay $200 per credited hour to have a professor teach you things you should have been taught in high school. Thankfully folks like me need the courses as a refresher but I shouldn't have to pay for them. Make me pay for classes that are informative on my major.

My brain cannot grasp the constant need to suck everyone dry. I cannot afford school on my own. Hell, I can't even afford to live right now let alone shell out $200 for an algebra class!

Basically, I am hoping even though I messed up the financial aid on FASFA that the people at their office in Billings will accept the signature I sent in the mail and allow me enough money to go to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment